Friday, March 16, 2007

Only Kimchi stinks more

Many of you have probably heard about the cinematic import from South Korea, The Host. It's being hailed as "one of the scariest monster movies since 'Jaws'". Well I'm here to tell you, it's about as scary as a spring-loaded snake in a faux can of peanuts handed to you by a five year old.

The movie is a blended mess of genres that fight each other throughout the whole movie and one never really wins. I am still trying to figure out how slapstick comedy fits into the scene where a family openly grieves about the loss of a young girl. Critics are praising this film as
, "feverishly imaginative" which is about right; I get pretty imaginative too when I have a fever.

I'm just pissed I got schooled by a cool trailer and a bunch of pretentious critics who apparently believe that all it takes is subtitles, bizarre pathos and less than subtle political statements to make a "wildly entertaining saga".

This flick is essentially a Korean Godzilla remake, and I'm talking about the Matthew Broderick one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's a rumor the sequel is going to feature the return of Megalon. Imagine the mayhem. Anyway, it probably would have been a better idea to pick up From Justin to Kelly at Blockbuster.

-The General